Friday, June 9, 2006

The Strength Of Your Beliefs

I watched “The Insider” while I was in Boston. Wow, what a good movie. I really really liked it. I was so immerse into the movie that in few instances I didn’t even hear my roommate talking to me.
"The Insider", director Michael Mann's ("Heat") fictionalized account of the events leading up to the long-running news programs' darkest hour. The story starts in 1993, and the ex-tobacco executive is Jeffrey Wigand (played by Russell Crowe), the Vice-President of Research at Brown & Williamson, who is fired by the CEO for 'poor communication skills'. However, before he is shown the door, he is ordered to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to receive his severance pay and continued health benefits.
I don’t want to tell you more about the movie and ruin it for you but what I want say is that it takes a lot to do what Wigand did. I also watch V for Vendetta the day before yesterday. Both movies had the same theme in my pinion.

How much are you willing to sacrifice to stand by your opinions/beliefs? I have been asking myself since the day I watched these movie. I don’t know about you but I am not sure if I believe in anything or love something enough to scarify my life for it. But again I guess it all depends on your priorities. Sometimes I wish that I’ll be in a situation to have to test my personality but then I take my wish back.
Life is so complicated that I am sure I will be tested at some point down the road! I only hope it is not a matter of life or death.

No comments: