Sunday, November 16, 2008

Here & there...

I am really sleepy.
MIA is quit boring. There is not enough amusement here. You would think a big airport like this would have more shops or even restaurants for that matter. Concourse D has one restaurant that you can sit for a drink and food, and a “food court” that consist of three restaurants: really bad Chinese food, although it smells really good, pizza store and a desert place that also sells cold sandwiches.
Even the Duty Free, which is all the way in Concourse C, is under construction and barely has anything that worth your time beside alcohol and cigarette.
Although I am running on so little sleep and have lost few hours but the trip was awesome. I finally got to go and swim with dolphins. Wanted to do this for such a long time but never got a chance. Fortunately I was able to convince my friend to go with me. I got a kiss from the dolphin on my cheek, felt so weird but it was cute


Interesting things about dolphins that I did not know before:
1. They have pleasure sex!!
2. They don’t fully sleep but put half of their brain into sleep when they need to rest
3. The pregnancy period is one full year!
4. Their skin is not slimy and slippery (I always thought that was the case from looking at the pictures)
5. They are born with mustache but they lose it on the same day
6. Some of them are smarter than the other ones but just like humans some try harder! Awww,,, I fell so bad for that one dolphin. The trainer told us that he was more enthusiastic to put up a show for audience. Just trying to please his trainer! The smarter one however was lazy and didn’t want to do much but he knew it all.

We also went to a water park which was in the same area. It only had few rides but they were fun! It is so good to have smart friends. It is easier to trust them with your stuff. My friend is not so good with direction, but great with money. So all I had to do was to pay attention so we don’t get lost and everything else was taken care of. My friend would even check the money I would get back from the bus driver to make sure they have not short changed me! Love it….

It was so good to catch up with my friend and of course the gossip around those we both know.
I danced so much and laughed so hard that I think I am going to be depressed for few days at work. Friday night we went to three different places and last night, Saturday, we went to CoCo Bongo. They put up a show by imitating famous singers and movies (from Elvis to Matrix!). Played many rock and roll songs which was great to sing along to and dance. It will take me couple of days to get my voice back! LOL

I think we did a lot given I was there for only 2 nights and one and half day!

No comments: