Sunday, June 22, 2008

My City

She loves her city. When she sees a part of the city on TV she gets excited. She didn’t even know she had that in her! Comes to think of it, she has been living in the city for about 7-8 years so it is only normal.

She knows places! So even if the name of the place changes she still remembers it. Once in a while they change a corner or two and remodel it but memories stay! Sad or pleasant.

She just notices that she has yet another attachment. It will be hard to leave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can only be attained by someone who is detached.

Interim said...

wow, u think so? I never would agree with you before but unfortunately i have to say that i am coming to that same conclusion. Don’t you think we, as humans, should have attachments, the kinds that are beyond our biological needs?

Anonymous said...

Detachment only shows you what is real because it's devoid of any emotional attachments. However, that doesn't imply that in reality, you cannot (or should not) have attachments.

Attachments are what makes us human. The touch of another's skin, the feel of someone's warm breath, the gentle embrace of another persons emotions is what evokes complex emotions, maybe even what people call "love". And those evocations are what ultimately makes us human.

Ironically, while you cannot determine reality without being detached, it is only with attachments, whether material or emotional, that we can evolve. And become more human.

Anonymous said...

why have yuo stop writing girl??

Interim said...

I only write when I feel like it. I don’t force myself to write. I have been busy escaping from my thoughts. thank you for reading my blog :)